WDIY is now accepting applications for our Spring 2016 Youth Media Program.
The Youth Media Program offers Lehigh Valley high school students a chance to gain first-hand experience in radio production under the guidance of experienced professionals. This program is recommended for students looking to gain skills or experience for career fields such as:
- Broadcast media
The program is provided free of charge to any students age 14-18 in the Lehigh Valley area.
No previous experience in radio or journalism is necessary, as students selected for the program will receive instruction in the following areas:
- Writing for radio and social media
- Interview techniques
- Use of recording and production equipment
- Editing recordings for broadcast
Each session will meet for two hours and, over the course of twelve meetings, students will produce a series of projects that demonstrate their skills and ability to produce radio and multimedia programming.
Meetings for the Youth Media Program will run from February through May, 2016. During the program, students can expect to meet at the WDIY studios three Saturdays per month in the afternoon.
Attendance is expected, as each week's lesson will build on previous weeks.
Students who would like to be considered for WDIY's Youth Media program:
- Complete an application form located at the bottom of this page
- Include a writing sample (This may be any piece of your writing including assignments turned in for class, articles in the school paper, etc.)
- Include a completed teacher recommendation form
- Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hard copies to:
WDIY 88.1 FM
Attn: Youth Media Program
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. Remember to make sure all writing pieces submitted are clear and legible.
The application deadline has been extended to December 20, 2015.
There are only 8 slots available for this spring's program, so interested students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Download an application form and teacher recommendation form below: