It is farmers' market season again. The time to get out and buy locally grown produce, flowers, meats cheeses and fresh baked goods. Going to the farmers market is a great way to support our local businesses and eat fresh locally produced healthy food.
- The Bethlehem Farmers’ Market at Campus Square at Lehigh University offers fresh produce, baked good, lunch items and more to local residents. The 2014 market season will run Thursdays, May 1 to October 30, from 11am to 3pm, at Campus Square at New and Morton Streets in South Bethlehem. 610-758-4652
- The Emmaus Farmers' Market is a 100% producer-only market, featuring over 20 local farmers and prepared food vendors. The market is open for its main season every Sunday, 10am - 2pm from the first Sunday in May through the Sunday before Thanksgiving in November. The winter market (10am - 12pm) picks up after Thanksgiving and continues every Sunday until New Year's, when it switches to every other Sunday until the in-season market begins again in May. It is located in the parking lot of National Penn Bank, 235 Main Street, Emmaus. While shopping, enjoy the performances of local musicians, chef demonstrations, and community group activities. 484-695-4626.
- The Saucon Valley Farmers' Market is located at the Water Street Park in Hellertown. Sundays May 5 - November 24, 9am - 1pm. Fresh local fruits and vegetables, artisian oven baked breads, jams, jellies, eggs, honey, soaps, lotions, plus lots more. Weekly Musical Entertainment and Festivals. Bike Racks Available and Rails to Trails Access. 610 392 4704.
- The Macungie Farmers' Market: 100 N. Walnut Street, the Macungie Memorial Park, Macungie, PA. June – October Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. or dusk. 610-966-2503.
- The Bath Farmers' Market is a producer-only market located in the heart of Bath. The market is in Keystone Park, Race Street and Green Street and operates Friday evenings from 3 - 7 pm every week. 484-602-4353.
- The Nazareth Market on the Square at Center Square in Nazareth. Every Saturday from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm the community of Nazareth and local farmers come together to buy and sell healthy locally produced farm products in the shade of the trees in the center of the historic town of Nazareth. You can shop at the many vendors with all kinds of delicious healthy foods to choose from, while you listen to live music. 610-746-9998.
- The Easton Farmers' Market: Open Saturdays, 9 am - 1 pm, May through November. Open Wednesdays 4:00pm to 8:00pm June through September. Centre Square Easton. 610-330-9942. The Winter Market is located at 518 Northampton Street (The Nurture Nature Center) and is open Saturdays 10-1pm from November to April.
- The Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers' Market, located at 17th and Chew Streets in the Allentown Fairgrounds, Allentown, PA. With over 65 merchants, we are sure you will find everything you need in one quick stop. Meats, poultry, produce, deli, baked goods, gourmet shops, seafood, candy, snacks, flowers, restaurants, and much more at prices you won't believe! Bring the whole family for a great time and enjoy the feeling of a true farmers market. Hours are Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- The Lehigh Growers' Market is located in Coopersburg at Route 309 and Landis Street, Coopersburg. Phone to find out about its selection of organic food, local specialties, crafts, vegetables and fruits. 610-967-2420. Hours are July-September Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Vendors Take WIC.
Check out our interactive map with all the hours and locations of the Farmers' Markets. Looking for more sellers of locally grown food and drink? Go to buylocalpa.org, enter your zip code and you will get a list of local farms, restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries and retail stores.