Job Title: Membership and Development Manager.
Reports to: Executive Director.
General Description: Accountable for all membership, development, public relations and marketing activities for WDIY®, supported by Board Committees, Staff & Volunteers.
- College degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience required.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, databases, website, social networking sites) required.
- Experience in public radio recommended, with on-air fundraising beneficial.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, goal-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication and public presentation skills, good radio presence.
- Self-motivated; strong team player with leadership skills essential.
This position has responsibility for revenue generation and growth from Membership, Grants & Events:
- Manage membership activities: sustain and grow membership, via member and listener communications, pledge drives, member appreciation and benefits, community outreach.
- Manage Membership Database.
- Manage development activities: private and corporate foundation support grant request writing and researching, major donor campaign, planned giving/ Endowment Fund, employer match program, and community partnerships.
- Create and manage special events.
- Establish and manage plan for meeting annual agreed-on development goals in these areas.
- Develop, implement and manage public relations and marketing plan.
- Provide content and design input for website and social networking sites.
- Collaborate with the underwriting sales manager on projects with a common funder.
- Cross train to provide back-up, as necessary.
This position serves as the staff member on the Fundraising, PR & Marketing Committee, comprised of Board Members and Volunteers, and also provides Staff representation to the WDIY Community Advisory Board.
A three-month probationary period includes a criminal background check, during which employment may be terminated with or without cause.
OTHER MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and own/operate a PA State Inspected Motor Vehicle.
This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits and salary negotiable.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Lehigh Valley Community Broadcasters Association, Inc. - WDIY-FM 88.1
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email-only• a cover letter, resume, three references
and salary requirement to:
Wagner Previato – Executive Director, WDIY at HR@wdiy.org
*No faxes or direct mail, please. Anticipated start date: Jan. 20, 2014.
Copyright 2013, Lehigh Valley Community Broadcasters Association, Inc. All Rights Reserved.