WDIY 88.1 FM Position: UNDERWRITING/MEDIA SALES MANAGER
WDIY 88.1 FM seeks a full-time Underwriting/Media Sales Manager. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional who will represent the station to existing and potential program underwriters. This team player loves the sales challenge of today’s competitive marketplace, while managing all attendant administrative and contract details.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Underwriting/Media Sales Manager will develop proposals and present underwriting, special event and web opportunities to businesses, professionals, non-profits and advertising agencies. He/she will evaluate prospects and subsequently contract with, and maintain, all new and renewal underwriting partners for WDIY. The Underwriting/Media Sales Manager will work toward surpassing all financial goals and will participate in all station activities and events.
Critical skills are sales or fundraising, organizational ability, writing and public speaking. A successful candidate must have experience with Lehigh Valley business and/or non-profits and/or arts communities. Experience with public broadcasting is preferred. A good sense of humor will complement an ability to achieve goals.
Compensation will consist of base salary plus commission on underwriting revenue collected, plus health benefits. WDIY 88.1 FM is an equal opportunity employer.
- Proactively research, cultivate and solicit support (underwriting) from corporations and businesses in the Lehigh Valley
- Maintain existing accounts while soliciting new underwriters
- Assist with soliciting challenge revenue and other forms of support for on-air fund drives
- Be deeply familiar with the interests, demographics, buying habits and other pertinent information about the public radio audience
- Participate in on-air fundraising, including pitching
- While working toward financial goals, be a demonstrated team player and Staff associate
- Comply with all WDIY Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as defined by the Executive Director, when required
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated successful experience in media sales
- Familiarity with public radio and/or non-profits desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in complementary background required
- Excellent sales communication and interpersonal skills, including writing and public speaking, are essential
- Skillful representation of WDIY in the Lehigh Valley required
- Strong sense of ethical standards and the value of public service media
- Strength in usage: Word, Excel, databases and contact management
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and automobile in good working condition.
The LVCBA dba WDIY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume (incl. 3 references and desirable salary) to:
Wagner Previato – Executive Director, WDIY 88.1 FM at HR@wdiy.org
* No faxes please * Open until filled * Anticipated start date: December 1, 2014. *